The equipment loaner program is back for the 2018 JJYL Fall Clinics for Boys!
New to JJYL registrants who reside in the Katonah-Lewisboro school district can participate in the John Jay Youth Lacrosse Equipment Loaner Program for the Fall Clinics run by varsity coaches and players. The loaner program allows players to try out the game of lax while removing the burden of committing to a large equipment purchase without knowing if your son will stick with the game.
You borrow and pay for the gear ahead of the clinics and you can either return them by November 15, 2018 for a full refund or keep them and only pay JJYL’s discounted cost.
Registration for the loaner program for the fall clinics closes on August 19, register here: http://assn.la/Reg/?r=2:178461
We will be offering the program again to eligible new players who register for our 2018 Boys Fall Clinics!
(Note: Girls loaner program is only available in the Spring Season).
Here is how it works:
Who is eligible?
- For the Fall Clinics, boys in grades 1-8 who meet the following criteria:
- Must be a first time registrant to John Jay Youth Lacrosse, and;
- Reside in the Katonah-Lewisboro school district.
What gear can I borrow?
- Boys can get a helmet, stick, shoulder pads, arm pads, and gloves. You must provide your own cleats, protective cup, mouthguard and waterbottle.
How do I sign up for the loaner program?
- Parents/guardians first must register their son for the fall clinic: http://bit.ly/FallBoysClinic2018
- You must then register separately for the equipment loaner program here http://bit.ly/RegEquipLoan2018Fall -- and indicate the gear you want to borrow (You will be required to come to a fitting session and gear handout before the first clinic, dates to be announced)
- When you register for the loaner program you will be charged for the discounted JJYL cost of the gear you are borrowing (Full set of gear: $195 By piece: Helmet ($90); Shoulder Pads ($30); Arm Pads ($20); Gloves ($25); Stick ($30). This is fully refundable if the gear is returned on time (by November 15, 2018)
- An online waiver must be on file, signed by parent/guardian in order to participate. (This is built into the online registration form)
What do I do with the gear at the end of the clinics?
- At the end of the Fall Clinic sessions, players have two options:
- Let JJYL know you plan to keep the equipment and no further action is required.
- Return the equipment by November 15, 2018 and receive a full refund (refunds are typically processed within 30 days of returning).
NOTE LATE FEES AND CUT OFF DATES FOR RETURNS: Any gear returned after November 15, 2018 will be charged a $50 late fee. If the gear is still not returned by November 30, 2018, it will be considered purchased by you and you will not be eligible for a refund.