2018 PLAYER Uniform Policy
JJYL is introducing a new approach to uniforms, after a successful pilot in the girls program in 2017.
Instead of ordering new uniforms each year and building that cost into registration, we have locked in on a uniform style and all existing players have the option of keeping their uniform from 2017, or order a new uniform separate from the registration fee. The girls have already implemented this uniform program and will continue to do so in 2018.
The way it will work on the boy’s side:
- If your son played last season, they can continue to use their 2017 uniform or order a new one in 2018.
- All new players will be required to have a reversible black and white JJYL jersey ($33 each) and JJYL shorts ($33 each). These can be purchased here: https://teams.lacrosseunlimited.com/john-jay-youth-lacrosse-25784
- Numbers will be assigned later by JJYL.
- An optional JJYL undershirt/shooting shirt will be available for purchase later in the team store (this is not required).
- Fees and ordering instructions for the reversible jersey, shorts and shooting shirt will be released soon.
The way it will work on the girl’s side:
- If your daughter played last season (grades 3-7th), they can continue to use their 2017 uniform or order a new one in 2018 (jersey, shorts, or both).
- All new players -- excluding grades K-2 -- will be required to purchase a JJYL reversible purple and white jersey ($33 each) and JJYL shorts ($32 each). These can be purchased here: https://teams.lacrosseunlimited.com/john-jay-youth-lacrosse-25655
- Returning players now entering 3rd grade will also be required to purchase a JJYL reversible purple and white jersey ($33 each) but can use the shorts they have from 2nd grade if they still fit.
- Fees and ordering instructions for the uniform will be released soon.
This new uniform program removes the burden of paying for a new jersey set each year, allowing for reuse and reducing overall costs for our JJYL families.
JJYL Uniform Exchange on Facebook
We have also launched a JJYL Uniform Exchange where families can buy, sell, trade or donate uniforms to other JJYL families: https://www.facebook.com/groups/JJYLUniformExchange/
JJYL is not involved in the transactions and is simply creating this group as a service to our members.
Our uniforms for 2018 will look like these: