The JJYL Auction is now open through May 19 2018. See items and place a bid: bit.ly/JJYLAuction2018
All proceeds benefit John Jay Youth Lacrosse. Bid on items today online and if you really must have it, buy it now! Prebidding is a great way to support JJYL if you cannot make it to the dinner.
Speaking of the dinner — May 19th at 7 p.m. at Waccabuc Country Club! You need to score your tickets for dinner before they sell out: bit.ly/JJYLDinner2018
Here is a brief Q&A to explain how the auction works:
WHEN DOES THE ONLINE AUCTION START AND END?
- Already started! The online auction is open right now, start bidding: bit.ly/JJYLAuction2018
- The online portion of the auction will end at NOON on Saturday, May 19 (The day of our dinner - did you get your tickets yet?)
IF I HAVE THE HIGHEST BID AT THE CLOSE OF THE ONLINE AUCTION, IS THE ITEM MINE?
- Not so fast! The online auction will close on Saturday, May 19 at Noon ET — the highest bid at the close of the online auction will serve as the opening bid for that item at the dinner.
- If nobody bids higher than you at the dinner, than you win! So be sure to put in the highest price you are willing to pay (we will honor the highest proxy bids from the online auction at the dinner). Best bet to win your item. Dinner.
WILL I BE ABLE TO SEE ONLINE IF I WAS OUTBID AT THE DINNER AND THEN ADD A HIGHER BID?
- Definitely no. This is Katonah, Not Silicon Valley!
- Once the online auction ends, we will not be updating the website or accepting any bids online. All final bids must be placed in person at the dinner (which means you need to get your ticket now!!).
- However, proxy bids from the online auction will also be honored, so be sure to put in the highest price you are willing to fork over in your online auction bids before NOON on Saturday, May 19.
WHAT IF I BID ON AN ITEM BUT THEN CHANGE MY MIND?
- Don't be that guy (or gal).
- All bids are binding and if you have the highest bid at the end of the auction you are responsible for paying for the item. Once you hit enter on that bid, consider it cash out of pocket! (And thank you for supporting the not-for-profit JJYL!)
CAN I BID A RIDICULOUSLY HIGH AMOUNT BECAUSE I WANT TO SUPPORT JJYL?
- Not only can you, we highly encourage it!!!
- Remember this is for charity - so have fun! Overpaying for items is highly encouraged as it is a win-win — you get an item you want while donating money to a cause you care about — our kids and lax!
Thank you all for your support of our dinner, auction and high stakes raffle (oh yeah, you can get a raffle ticket and win some serious cash -- so much cash we refuse to accept it back to JJYL as a donation - get those here: bit.ly/JJYLRaffle2018
Your friends at John Jay Youth Lacrosse